TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Video shows OU student athlete Joe Mixon in a fight with a woman in Norman in 2014.
- The tape went public 2 years later in Dec. 2016.
- Mixon was suspended for the season in 2014. Coach Bob Stoops now says the punishment wasn't enough.
University of Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops addressed concerns Wednesday raised by the release of a 2014 video showing running back Joe Mixon punching a woman at a Norman restaurant.
Mixon was suspended for the season after the incident, but many say the punishment wasn't enough. Once the tape finally went public more than two years later, the controversy reunited.
Stoops told reporters Wednesday that he thought the punishment was fitting at the time. Now he agrees that it wasn't enough and said that dismissal would have been appropriate.
See Stoops' comment on Mixon's punishment:
5 Things to Know: Top Stories on FOX23
- West Tulsa shooting becomes city's 80th homicide
- First day of Winter 2016 comes on 2013 ice storm anniversary
- Mixon interrogation video reveals new details into 2014 incident
- High-speed chase ends with 1 killed in North Tulsa
- Sand Springs chase ends in rollover, 1 ejected
© 2018 Cox Media Group.