"As many of you know, Kevin Durant has left our state, torn out our hearts, and left our beloved Oklahoma City Thunder in depleted shape. All of this after even being offered a cabinet position for the State of Oklahoma. It is because of this heinous action that I believe the State of Oklahoma has a responsibility to change the name of the City of Durant to Westbrook, the man who is loyal, whom we believe in, and who will lead our team to glory."
Others commenting on the petition were not so optimistic that a name change could heal the pain.
When signatures are complete, a petition letter reading "Change the name of the City of Durant, OK to Westbrook, OK" will be sent to Governor Mary Fallin and Durant Mayor Stewart Hoffman. ---
- Storms tear through Claremore, take down power
- Hospital normalizing after damage in Claremore
- State officials consider furloughing Oklahoma state troopers
- Humorous petition gains serious attention in Kevin Durant exit
- 2 nuns found slain in Mississippi home
Cox Media Group