- OU quarterback Kyler Murray was picked first overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL Draft Thursday night in Nashville.
- It's the first time a quarterback from the same school was taken number one overall in back-to-back NFL Drafts. Cleveland picked Baker Mayfield number one last year.
- Oklahoma moves into a tie for the most overall number one picks in the NFL Draft since the NFL and AFL merged in 1966. OU and USC have each had five. Along with Murray and Mayfield, Sam Bradford (2010), Billy Sims (1980), and Lee Roy Selmon (1976) were taken first in the NFL Draft.
- Kyler Murray is the eighth quarterback to win the Heisman Trophy and be the number one pick in the NFL Draft since the NFL/AFL merger. The last one to do it was Baker Mayfield last year.
- Murray led OU to the College Football Playoffs last season. He threw for 4,361 yards, 42 touchdowns, and only seven interceptions. He also rushed for 1,001 yards and 12 TDs. He was the first FBS player to average at least 300 yards passing (311.5) and 60 yards rushing (71.5).
© 2019 Cox Media Group.