STILLWATER, Okla. - Oklahoma State Athletics announced Thursday that the university will introduce beer sales at its athletics venues beginning this fall.
The move follows a pilot program that took place last spring at OSU baseball and softball games.
Sodexo will administer all beer sales, according to officials. It will be sold at up to 22 locations at Boone Pickens Stadium.
The university will adopt a no re-entry policy at Boone Pickens Stadium.
“These changes will enhance game day safety,” said OSU Chief of Police Leon Jones. “Other schools that we have talked to have experienced a decrease in overall consumption and overuse of alcohol in and around their stadiums once they introduced sales in the venue, and we believe the same could happen at Boone Pickens Stadium.”
Cowboy football season begins Aug. 30 against Missouri State.
- Two armed robberies in 10 minutes at east Tulsa apartment complex
- Trump says US won't pull out of NATO after receiving commitments from allies
- Black bear steals nurse's lunch from minivan, hangs out to eat before lumbering off
- Papa John's founder resigns amid backlash over racial slur
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2018 Cox Media Group.