- Turns out Oklahoma State football head coach Mike Gundy is willing to do one better than the Lannister family from Game of Thrones. Gundy decided to pay the debt of an Oklahoma radio host who bet $250 that OSU would win more than eight games
- OSU finished the regular season with a 6-6 record
- Rob Benton, knows as "Spinozi" on WWLS The Sports Animal, received an apology letter and $250 check to cover his lost wager on the Cowboys
Our man @12thingsthebook got a big surprise from @CoachGundy this morning. Spinozi made a bet on OSU in the preseason that came up short. But coach Gundy made it up to him in a cool way. https://t.co/qvzB8Ba2bP— The Morning Animals (@MorningAnimals) December 4, 2018
- Gundy's letter reads: "Spinozi, I have many H.S. buddies who consume way too much alcohol, which leads to listening to talk radio. The rumor is you bet on our team and lost your money. We came up short, so I thought the manly (51) thing to do is reimburse a guy for believing in our TEAM! Thanks for your loyal support! Your favorite coach, Mike Gundy."
- OSU can earn a seventh win by beating Missouri in the Liberty Bowl on New Year's Eve
© 2018 Cox Media Group.