JENKS, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Allan Trimble is the head football coach with the Jenks Trojans.
- Trimble was diagnosed with ALS six weeks ago.
- He took the field on the first day of practice Monday.
Jenks head coach Allan Trimble is back on the field six weeks after learning he has ALS.
Monday marked Jenks' first day of high school football practice.
Trimble is committed to coaching the Trojans this season, just as he has for the last two decades, even after his diagnosis of an incurable disease.
Trimble said 80% of people with ALS die within five years, and doctors think he has had it for more than two years.
He has been Jenks' head coach for 20 years and during that time has won 13 state titles, including the last four Class 6A state titles in a row.
- Okmulgee children endangered, taken by noncustodial parent
- Former TU athlete accused of killing baby due in court
- Dangerous heat levels with scattered showers
- Tulsa sexual assault suspect has history of crimes against women
- OSBI, police investigate Tahlequah man's disappearance
Cox Media Group