JENKS, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Reese Leitao was arrested at Jenks High School Tuesday.
- He is accused of possession and delivery of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to sell within a thousand feet of a school.
- Leitao was a standout Jenks football player and signee at the University of Texas.
Former Jenks football player and University of Texas signee Reese Leitao was arrested at Jenks High School Tuesday on possession and delivery of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to sell within a thousand feet of a school.
According to the Jenks campus police report, Leitao had 20 Xanax pills and more than $1,300 on him. According to the report, Leitao admitted to a Jenks administrator he was selling the Xanax.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Did Casey Anthony do it? Probably, but not on purpose, trial judge says
- Jenks football star, Texas signee arrested at school over alleged Xanax sales
- Thieves using new trick to lure victims at gas stations
- Tulsa child abuse suspects accused of taking off with victims during supervised visit
- Parent upset with kindergarten teacher who used Ouija board in class
Jenks public schools sent FOX23 this statement: “We are aware of the situation and we are gathering more information. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement during this ongoing investigation.”
Leitao was booked in the Tulsa County Jail Tuesday afternoon. He got out early Wednesday morning, according to the jail website.
Texas head football coach Tom Herman released a statement on Leitao:
<em>"We're aware of the situation involving our signee, Reese Leitao. We're collecting information, will talk to Reese and his family, let the legal system run its course and then address it further at the appropriate time."</em>