- Edison Preparatory School plans to retire the football jersey of its all-time rushing yards leader, running back Sevion Morrison.
- Morrison wore No. 28.
- Morrison graduated from Edison in spring 2020 and is a running back at the University of Nebraska.
- In 2019, Morrison surpassed the school career rushing record of 4,009 yards set by Spencer Tillman 38 years ago. (Tillman would go on to be a captain at OU, lead the Sooners to the 1985 national title, and play in the NFL.) Morrison didn’t just pass Tillman’s mark, he crushed it, ending his career as an Eagle with more than 5,000 yards.
- Edison coach Tony Daniels said a small ceremony would be held at the high school near the end of next week, where the school would frame and hang up Morrison’s jersey.
- Morrison did not play for the Cornhuskers his freshman season. He aggravated a hamstring multiple times during the 2020 campaign, plus he contracted COVID-19, which took him away from the field for weeks.
Cox Media Group