SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Oklahoma Roughnecks boys baseball team decided to help people in the flooded Town and Country neighborhood of Sand Springs on Friday.
- READ MORE: Green Country officials say increased water release is testing levees
- The team and their parents hosted a cookout at the entrance of the neighborhood for everyone affected, and any first responders.
- People whose homes flooded were able to stop by and get a hot dinner.
- The kids said they were really happy to do something nice and help out their community members.
Wondering how you can help flood victims around Green Country? CLICK HERE
- Emergency officials locate broken barges on Arkansas River near Webbers Falls
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Bid to put Harriet Tubman on $20 bill falters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Fugitive says he'll turn himself in if Facebook post gets 15,000 likes, police say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.