Oral Roberts defeated Florida on Sunday night, 81-78. The Golden Eagles will face 3-seed Arkansas in the Sweet 16 on Saturday.
Following up Friday’s overtime win over Ohio State, Oral Roberts men’s basketball tipped off against the Florida Gators in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
The Golden Eagles are a 15-seed in the tournament. Florida is a 7-seed and beat Virginia Tech on Friday. Sunday’s meeting was the first between the two teams.
- ORU stars Max Abmas and Kevin Obanor delivered. Abmas finished with 26 points, and Obanor had 28.
- The Gators had four players score in double figures.
- Florida led at halftime, 42-37.
- The first half featured 11 different lead changes.
- Friday’s win over Ohio State marked ORU’s first NCAA Tournament win since 1974.
- The Golden Eagles entered Sunday with a 3-5 tourney record.
- In a year full of COVID guidelines and under-capacity arenas, underdog teams have benefited greatly. For the first time in tournament history, four teams seeded 13th or lower made it to the Round of 32.
Cox Media Group