UPDATE: Check results here
TULSA, Okla. — Election season wrapped up Tuesday when voters made their way to the polls to vote in the 2018 Midterm Election.
Early voting ended Saturday and the deadline for voter registration and absentee voting passed.
The June primaries narrowed many of the races down, but the August runoff solidified the races voters will see on their ballots for the midterms.
Voters elected Republicans Kevin Stitt to serve as the next governor of Oklahoma. He won in a race against Democrat Drew Edmondson and Libertarian Chris Powell.
More statewide results:
- Lt. Governor: Matt Pinnell
- State Auditor and Inspector: Cindy Byrd
- Attorney General: Mike Hunter
- State Treasurer: Randy McDaniel
- Superintendent: Joy Hofmeister
- Labor Commissioner: Leslie Osborn
- Insurance Commissioner: Glen Mulready
- Corporation Commissioner: Bob Anthony
Oklahoma will see a new member representing the state in Congress after Rep. Jim Bridenstine was approved to run NASA. To replace Bridenstine, voters in District 1 chose Republican Kevin Hern against Democrat Tim Gilpin.
Democrat Kendra Horn was the big winner flipping the historically red Congressional District 5 seat blue by defeating incumbent Steve Russell. The seat had been a Republican stronghold since 1975.
In the Oklahoma State House, only two representatives challenged in the General Election lost their seats -- both Democrats.
There are 44 new State Representatives out of 101.
There are five state questions on the ballot including State Question 793. Local optometrists and eye care professionals have expressed concern over the proposal as it would allow corporate retailers to provide eye care services inside their stores. Voters ultimately decided against the proposal.
- Kevin Stitt wins Oklahoma governor race, Dems take U.S. House
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Election Day 2018: Jared Polis, first openly gay gov. elected in Colorado
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Kentucky clerk who refused to sign gay marriage certificate loses re-election bid
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Cox Media Group