TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A woman is recovering after police say an officer shot her at a midtown Tulsa apartment complex late Thursday night.
- Tulsa police were called to the complex near 51st and Yale around 11 p.m. after a call about a woman "acting violently."
- Police say they were trying to take her to the hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Officers say the woman lunged at police with a knife, so they tried using a taser on her.
- Police say the taser didn't work so an officer shot her in her stomach.
- The woman was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK.
- If you need help with a crisis, call Copes Crisis Hotline at 918-744-4800.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2020 Cox Media Group