MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Muskogee Central High School 1968 class ring found in Stillwater.
- A woman found the ring using a metal detector she got for Christmas.
- She found the owner's family and has returned the ring.
A Green Country woman has found family member's of the owner of a decades-old ring found at a Stillwater park.
Heater Brown received a metal detector for Christmas and took it out to Stillwater’s Couch Park on Sunday to use it for the first time. It didn’t take long for her to find something that could mean a lot to someone out there.
It’s a Muskogee Central High School 1968 class ring.
Brown posted about the ring online in hopes of finding its owner. She soon discovered that the ring belonged to a woman named Becky Ward.
She was able to meet with Ward's sister to return the ring to its owner's family.
- IRS will pay Tax refunds even if government shutdown continues, official says
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Baby's body found in cooler on side of Georgia road
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Governor grants clemency to Cyntoia Brown, woman serving life sentence for murder
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.