MUSKOGEE, Okla. - A woman is recovering after getting hit by a suspect leading Muskogee police on a chase.
FOX23 told you earlier this week when officers arrested Trevor McDaniel after a chase. Muskogee police said McDaniel sped off when they tried questioning him about a counterfeit bill. He hit a car at the intersection of 24th and Shawnee, and tried to run away.
Watch FOX23 Reporter Jackie DelPilar's interview with the victim above.
The woman who was hit, Tammy Monroy, sat down with FOX23 for an interview. She suffered whiplash and is covered in bruises, but is expected to be OK.
Monroy said she was driving home from a friend’s house when she heard and felt what she thought was an explosion.
Her air bags deployed, and she couldn’t get out of the car.
She didn’t know what happened and was surprised to see police respond to the crash scene so quickly.
Monroy said she’s grateful her injuries weren’t any worse. She said she's angry with McDaniel for putting her life in danger, along with the lives of any other drivers out that night.
- 'Tarzan' actor Ron Ely's wife stabbed to death by son, police say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Another state may allow students to take approved absences for mental health days
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Great white shark bitten by even bigger sharks in Atlantic Ocean, officials say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.