TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Police arrested Lori Ann Bailey who they say is known for fraud and burglary Friday and is now facing 18 new charges, including at least six counts of false declaration of ownership in pawn.
- Tulsa police say Bailey is a convicted felon who has forged checks, used other people's bank accounts, had stolen cars and stolen from others.
- While investigating a burglary, police found out that Bailey had pawned items stolen in other Tulsa burglaries.
A woman who police say is known for fraud and burglary has been arrested and is now facing 18 new charges, including at least six counts of false declaration of ownership in pawn.
Police arrested Bailey Friday.
Tulsa police say Bailey is a convicted felon who has forged checks, used other people's bank accounts, had stolen cars and stolen from others.
Officials say Lori Ann Bailey is related to at least six cases where items were stolen and pawned within hours.
In one case, victims told police a house undergoing renovations in Owasso was broken into and power tools were stolen. Later that day, the tools were pawned off. The pawn shop and police worked together to identify Bailey as the one who pawned the stolen items.
When police were investigating the burglary, they found out Bailey had pawned other items associated with another home burglary in Tulsa. The victim said the suspect likely came in the house through a dog door while they were at work. The items stolen were pawned two hours after the victims left for work.
- Local experts warn Halloween is busy season for head lice
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Criminals using new technology to target people's bank accounts
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Body of registered sex offender found wrapped in plastic; death ruled homicide
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.