TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- In September, Diana Oliveras dropped off Red, a badly injured Doberman at the VCA Owasso Animal Medical Clinic. Doctors said Red had a broken shoulder, a pellet wound in his leg and several other wounds.
- VCA officials said Oliveras told VCA Red had been in a dog fight. VCA said Oliveras ignored multiple phone calls from them about Red's injuries. She was arrested Thursday for animal cruelty.
- The VCA has decided they will not amputate Red's damaged front leg. Red will be on cage rest for some weeks before starting physical therapy.
- Since arriving, Red has gained 13 pounds and his wounds are nearly healed.
- VCA officials told FOX23 that they have already found new parents for Red when he gets better.
© 2020 Cox Media Group