TULSA, Okla. — A local attorney is calling for an official investigation by police after a video surfaced of a fight between a security guard and a customer at a QuikTrip store near 11th and Garnett.
The video, taken by another customer, shows the two men arguing. Then the security guard attacks the customer, leading to a fight.
Other customers then step in to help break up the fight. A second video shows the scene shortly after the confrontation. The customer is walking outside, and the security guard pulls a baton from his belt as another customer holds him back.
Tulsa police said they are aware of the incident and confirm an incident report has been filed.
A representative from QuikTrip said the company has seen the video and is working with the private security company it contracts with to learn more about what happened before and after the confrontation. The representative also said that, if criminal charges are filed by either party, QuikTrip will help law enforcement agencies with their investigations.
We the People Oklahoma released a statement asking police and the district attorney’s office to investigate. It has also called for the name of the security guard to be released, and for QuikTrip to release its security footage.
FOX23 contacted Diamond Security, the company contracted by QuikTrip. The company said it had no comment.
- Nearly 100,000 pounds ground beef recalled over E. coli fears just before Thanksgiving
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- 'Malcolm in the Middle' star Frankie Muniz 5-story brownstone destroyed by cat
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- FOX23 Winter Forecast: Is this going to be a warm winter or a frigid one?
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group