VERDIGRIS, Okla. — A Verdrigris teacher's response to a comment made by Governor Mary Fallin got a lot of attention online this week.
Pam Cook, a 5th grade teacher at Verdigris Elementary School, said she was angry after hearing what Fallin said. She responded through a Facebook post:
Cook said she wants to spread the message that not only do teachers "need new cars," they also need new "cars" for their students. She said it's even more important to help the students in the classroom, not just the teachers.
She and other Verdigris teachers and supporters held a rally Thursday along Highway 66 to share the message.
- Oklahoma parent finds Blake Shelton's name in daughter's 1980s-era textbook
- Village bans some semi-automatic weapons, to fine owners daily who don't comply
- Bus driver helps girl with her hair after mother dies
- Tulsa teachers embark on 110-mile walk to lobby for education funding
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories delivered to your inbox.
© 2019 Cox Media Group