MCALESTER, Okla. — A little Oklahoma boy is recovering after being bitten by a venomous snake.
Three-year-old Carter White of McAlester was playing outside three weeks ago when he was bitten on the foot by a copperhead snake.
His mom and grandmother said he didn't tell them he was a bitten, and didn’t complain that his foot hurt until hours later.
His mom said she felt where he was bitten and the area was hot, so she rushed him to the hospital.
He was taken to a Tulsa hospital where he got eight rounds of anti-venom treatment. If they had waited any longer, it’s possible his foot would have been amputated.
Carter stayed in the hospital for two days for treatment and recovery. He is now feeling normal again.
His mom is grateful he’s in good shape and plans to keep a closer eye on him as he plays outside.
Doctors said snakebites increase this time of year, and they’ve seen multiple patients lately requiring anti-venom treatment.
© 2020 Cox Media Group