WELCH, Okla. — The Craig County Sheriff's Office recently discovered valuable information related to the 1999 case of Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman.
The two girls have been missing since December 1999. They were 16 at the time and stayed the night at Freeman's home to celebrate her birthday. The next day, Danny and Kathy Freeman were found inside the burned out home. Investigators determined they were shot to death before the home was set on fire. The two girls were nowhere to be found.
Investigators with several agencies, including OSBI and the sheriff's office, have followed leads for years and interviewed multiple potential suspects and witnesses, but the case remains unsolved.
Recently, Craig County Sheriff Heath Winfrey gave previously unknown notes and documents to investigators. Officials said the information was found leftover from the previous sheriff's administration.
The information has "proven to be extremely valuable," according to OSBI.
- Good Samaritan now regrets chasing thieves who broke into woman's car
- Man poses for picture with cash, then is killed
- Mother sues school district over voicemail mocking special needs daughter
- Meghan Markle's sister slams Prince Harry after he said the royals are the family 'she never had'
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2020 Cox Media Group