Sen. James Lankford and former Tulsa Mayor Kathy Taylor will attend the ceremony. Lankford will deliver the principal address and Taylor will serve as the ship's sponsor.
Here are more details about the ship from the Navy:
"The 3,200-ton Tulsa was built by was built by General Dynamics/Austal USA in Mobile, Alabama. The ship is 421 feet in length, has a beam of 103 feet, and a navigational draft of 15 feet. The ship is powered by two gas turbine engines, two main propulsion diesel engines, and four waterjets to speeds up to 40-plus knots."
This is the Navy's second ship named after Tulsa. The first was commissioned in 1923 and served in World War II.
- Arizona border town demands feds remove razor wire from border wall
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Mom convicted of murder in infant son's diaper rash death
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- TCSO: Woman arrested after receiving fentanyl package from Mexico
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.