TULSA, Okla. - The U.S. Marshals Task Force and Tulsa Police Department arrested a couple Friday claiming to be a modern-day "Bonnie and Clyde."
Krystal Magee and Jacob Welch are accused of going on a cross-country crime spree that started in mid-August.
Investigators say the duo are connected to several robberies, home invasions and burglaries across West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Alabama.
Those stops included suspected break-ins at federally-licensed gun dealers.
Investigators say they believe Magee and Welch were headed west and authorities received information they would be stopping in Tulsa.
The U.S. Marshals Task Force and Tulsa police surrounded the couple at a hotel near 31st Street and Memorial and arrested them.
Investigators found two AR-15 rifles, an uzi machine gun, and two other pistols -- all allegedly stolen.
Marshals say the Tulsa Police Department was an immense help in the investigation and arrest.
The investigation is still ongoing as authorities say the couple could still be tied to more crimes in other states.
- Lawsuit accuses Patriots WR Antonio Brown of rape
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Full harvest moon will bring spooky sight to the skies on Friday the 13th
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Bearded dragon found in backpack; child didn't want to leave 'Jango' home alone
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.