TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- The United States attorney office announced today that 29 people are charged as part of Operation Smack Dragon.
- The operation focused on a Mexican drug trafficking ring with tiers in the United States, including Tulsa.
- Several law enforcement agencies worked together and 28 of those charged are in custody.
- Others are on the run, some in Mexico.
- Officials said the ring focused on moving heroin over the border and then re-distributing it to be sold in Tulsa.
- This ring is believed to be tied to the New Generation cartel in Mexico.
- DOWNLOAD: The FOX23 News app on ALL platforms.
- WATCH the full new conference:
© 2020 Cox Media Group