TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The United States attorney office announced today that 29 people are charged as part of Operation Smack Dragon.
- The operation focused on a Mexican drug trafficking ring with tiers in the United States, including Tulsa.
- Several law enforcement agencies worked together and 28 of those charged are in custody.
- Others are on the run, some in Mexico.
- Officials said the ring focused on moving heroin over the border and then re-distributing it to be sold in Tulsa.
- This ring is believed to be tied to the New Generation cartel in Mexico.
- DOWNLOAD: The FOX23 News app on ALL platforms.
- WATCH the full new conference:
- Las Vegas mom accused of drowning 2-year-old daughter in bathtub
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- One man arrested after shooting at Mother's Day gathering in south Tulsa
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mother charged with felony child abuse after children found living in roach-infested home
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.