TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Nowata Chamber of Commerce hosted a gathering for people to watch the Big Boy #4014 steam locomotive make a stop.
- Union Pacific restored Big Boy #4014 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the transcontinental railroad. It is the last remaining Big Boy locomotive.
- The train arrived around 4 p.m. Saturday.
- The locomotive also made stops in Sallisaw, Gore, Fort Gibson, Wagoner, Claremore and Nowata.
- Organizers say around 1500 people attended in Nowata.
© 2019 Cox Media Group