OWASSO, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Owasso police have opened a criminal investigation for political sign theft.
- Candidate Mark Vancuren has had signs gone missing over the last week.
- Footage of the thieves was found on a home security camera.
- The footage shows a commercial truck with a business listed on the side belonging to Vancuren's opponent, Bradley Peixotto.
- Peixotto said he was mortified to see not only his employees using a company car to do the stealing from, but that he believes it reflects negatively on his campaign as well.
- Peixtto apologized for his employees actions and promised to help track down the missing signs.
- Vancuren said he accepts Peixotto's apology on behalf of his employees and believes his opponent had no knowledge whatsoever that the thefts were going on.
© 2020 Cox Media Group