TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa County District Attorney's Office announced the indictments of two people Friday in connection with a cold case murder from 1983.
Police say Erlene Gayle Lee and Willie Moore are facing first-degree murder charges in connection to the death of Anthony Baltes.
Authorities arrested Moore in Wyoming on Friday. Lee was also arrested Friday in Texas.
Tulsa police say Baltes was found dead on September 18, 1983 inside a motel room near Admiral and Sheridan.
Police say he was tied up and looked to have sustained blunt force trauma.
The victim's family released the following statement to FOX23:
"My family and I are overwhelmed with mixed emotion learning of the break in my fathers cold case. We never thought it would ever be solved and we are so grateful for the evidence saved by the Tulsa Police Department. The dedication of the TPD and the Cold Case Unit working together to solve my fathers case is unprecedented. We are astounded with the advancement of forensic science we have today to use evidence from 36 years ago. We hope and pray that all our questions will finally be answered from the day that changed our lives forever and bring closure to the hearts of our family. Please keep our family in your prayers and pray justice can finally be served."
This is a developing story. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for LIVE updates and Breaking News alerts sent to your phone.
- Missouri man is first in state, eighth nationwide to die from vaping-related illness
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- A&E's LivePD to feature Tulsa police
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Sandy Hook Promise releases back-to-school PSA showing school shooting ‘essentials’
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.