TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa's Teresa Danks, now known nationally as "The Panhandling Teacher," is using her platform to help other teachers through her Begging for Education fund.
FOX23 was there when Danks presented more than 20 Oklahoma teachers with $300 gift cards this week.
She says that the state budget crisis forced her to spend a couple thousand dollars of her $35,000 yearly salary on her classroom, and she isn't alone.
Danks already donated to her school, Grimes Elementary in Tulsa, and Albion Public Schools.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Robots to help stock shelves at 50 Walmart stores
- 10 cars that will almost certainly last 200,000 miles
- MLB catcher Bruce Maxwell arrested after pointing gun at woman
- GMO low-fat pigs could be food of the future after success with gene editing
- See more trending stories on FOX23 Facebook page
© 2019 Cox Media Group.