TULSA, Okla. - A Tulsa Zoo resident died Tuesday.
Buzbie the white rhino recently celebrated his 37th birthday. He joined the zoo family in 1982.
Zoo officials say he "experienced a rapid decline over the weekend" after they were monitoring his changes in appetite and condition.
They said he was a geriatric rhino and had been receiving diet modifications to keep him as healthy as possible.
Zookeepers described Buzbie as inquisitive. He enjoyed wallowing in mud and getting cleaned by keepers in the mornings.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 7 inmates dead, 17 injured in South Carolina prison fighting
- Be ready for severe weather- download the FOX23 News app
- Neighbors reach out to help midtown Tulsa woman whose car was vandalized
- Election Board: Filing period closes with 794 candidates running in Oklahoma
- No one seems to think Carrie Underwood's face looks different after her accident
© 2019 Cox Media Group.