TULSA, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Morgan Palmer was sentenced to 10 years for charges related to a sex trafficking ring.
- Police say she helped her boyfriend recruit girls for trafficking.
- She was convicted on multiple charges.
- Download the FOX23 News app for news updates sent straight to your phone.
A woman faces jail time after she was convicted of charges related to sex trafficking.
Morgan Palmer, also known as "Pickboo Suuwop," was convicted of conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of a child, sex trafficking of a child and obstruction of enforcement.
The charges stemmed from a ring involving Josh "Maniak" Harring, Palmer's alleged boyfriend.
She is accused of helping him recruit girls to use for sex trafficking.
She was sentenced to 10 years for the conspiracy charge and another 10 years for the sex trafficking charge. The other charges were dropped.
Those two sentences will run concurrently.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Body found after north Tulsa fire
- 3 in custody after woman reportedly drops child off at hospital with massive head injury
- Homes destroyed during Green Country wildfire
- Police investigate strangulation at south Tulsa apartment complex
- Video shows officer knew woman was in car before Okmulgee police chief opened fire
Four others were also charged in the ring that investigators say operated out of hotels and motels.
Prosecutors say Palmer kept the operation going out of her Brookside apartment after authorities arrested Maniak.
Victims were 16 and 17 years old.
Maniak pleaded guilty in the case last month.
He reportedly tried to run over officers when they arrested him.
© 2020 Cox Media Group