TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A Tulsa woman was arrested in 2014 for mutilating a corpse at a funeral home.
- She was convicted on Thursday.
A Tulsa sentenced Shaynna Sims Thursday for illegally dissecting a corpse, among other charges.
The jury also found Sims guilty of receiving/concealing stolen property, first degree burglary, disturbing/interrupting a funeral, unlawful removal of a body part from the deceased.
Sims was sentenced to 16 years behind bars.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Deputies: Sapulpa teen likely killed in horseback riding accident
- Undercover narcotics police car stolen in downtown Tulsa
- Angler uses McDonald's Chicken McNugget to reel in record-setting bass
- Ohio pilot, wife died from powerful animal tranquilizer, cocaine mixture
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2019 Cox Media Group.