TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- A video of an alleged attack on a special needs student surfaced on the web last week.
- The victim's mother said the school hadn't done enough to stop the bullying.
- The school responded Monday.
Tulsa Public Schools is speaking out after a video of a student being bullied at Nathan Hale Junior High ended up on the web and the victim’s mother said the school didn’t do enough to stop the abuse.
The school said they met with the mother Monday and put a safety plan in place for her 12-year-old special needs son.
The district reached out to FOX23 over the weekend and a reporter sat down with Jodi Parson, the school’s principal.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- President Trump fires acting Attorney General for refusing to defend immigration order
- Trump replaces acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Tulsa school district responds to video showing attack on special needs student
- Broken Arrow homicide victim pens chilling note month before her death
- Mary Tyler Moore cause of death revealed
Parson said the aggressors in the video received swift punishments ranging from student-parent conferences to out of school suspensions.
Now, the school says the victim has a safety plan, and he can go tell a teacher any time someone attacks him and they will take care of the issue right then and there.
His mother says she hopes they follow through.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.