TULSA, Okla. — The Republican Party of Tulsa County said Tulsa State Fair officials forced them to remove a display mimicking a border wall in support of President Trump.
The display - made up of construction paper bricks - has been used as a fundraiser for the party. Bricks ranged in price from $5 to $75.
The Democratic Party of Tulsa County said they received several complaints about the display over the five days it was on display at the fair. Complaints called it bigoted, racist and discriminatory.
The Tulsa State Fair released a statement about vendor policy:
On Tuesday afternoon, Tulsa republicans say the fair authority talked with them, and told them they could put it back up.
- General Mills bringing back Trix Fruity Shapes cereal
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Medical examiner confirms boy found dead in creek was Maddox Ritch
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Dunkin' Donuts fires employees after video shows water dumped on homeless man
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group