TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Community leaders announced plans for a Tulsa Race Massacre remembrance project Friday.
- The Tulsa Community Remembrance Coalition is working with the Equal Justice Initiative on the project meant to remember the 1921 tragedy.
- The project will include a historical marker of Vernon AME Church in Greenwood in honor of Black Wall Street. The marker will be unveiled on September 14.
- RELATED: FOX23 Investigates: What happened to the bodies from 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre?
- Grumpy Cat, the frowning feline and internet sensation, dead at 7
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro dead at 39
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.