- TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts: -
- Tulsa police noticed a stolen car at 12100 E. 21st Street.
- Police tried to pull the car over, and the driver pulled into a school parking lot and stopped.
- Then the driver tried to speed away. That's when police started a pursuit.
- TPD lost sight of the stolen car then came upon a crash at 10400 E. 21st Street involving two other vehicles.
- One car had two adults and two infants inside. The two adults went to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Two people in a pickup truck weren't injured.
- Police say that after the crash, the suspect, Gerald Lawrence, ran from the scene.
- Police found him hiding in the grass nearby.
- TPD says that Lawrence admitted to being high.
- Officers found methamphetamine on him.
- Police say that when Lawrence is out of the hospital, he will be booked on complaint of possession of a stolen vehicle, endangering others while eluding, felony hit and run and traffic charges.
- DUI and drug charges could be added after a drug test.
- While officers were working the crash, officers say they arrested Martin Garza for DUI after he stopped his car and couldn't navigate the police lights.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.