TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa Police Department lead homicide sergeant, Dave Walker, is retiring.
Walker has done countless interviews with FOX23 over the years about crimes in our community.
Walker told FOX23’s radio parent KRMG that he’s been waiting for this moment for at least two years.
“All the cases that were coming in the last two years, there just wasn’t a time where you could say, ‘OK, new guy, take it over and see what you can do with it,’ and this year seems to be more accommodating,” Walker said.
He’s taken on multiple roles with the police department for near 40 years. Walker said it’s time to get out of police work and determine what is next for him.
FOX23 reached out and learned Walker plans to leave the force "near the end of August".
- What is free-range parenting and why did Utah pass a bill on it?
- 3 children still missing in crash that killed 5 others when vehicle plunged off cliff
- 'Overwhelmed' mom accused of trying to decapitate son with bow saw
- Florida woman arrested after giving birth to brother's baby, deputies say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
Cox Media Group