TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- A local woman -- currently being prosecuted for embezzling from local small business -- is now accused of selling fake gold on eBay.
- A Florida man bought what he thought was gold from her, but when he tested it with a magnet he found out it was fake.
- He says the suspect never responded to any attempts to contact her, so he reported her to eBay and had to get his nearly $1,000 refunded by Pay Pal.
- The victim told FOX23 he is frustrated that she's still selling things on eBay.
- eBay responded and said:
"It’s rare a seller would misrepresent a product purposefully. It’s possible they didn’t appropriately test the gold, which may be a learning experience for them rather than bad intent. If sellers receive multiple complaints from their buyers regarding the condition of the product, or other quality issues, we may limit their abilities to sell until their performance improves. If we continue to see the same patterns, we may permanently restrict or suspend the account."
- 16 states have passed laws that can change the way we pick a president
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- God got a hole in one: Golf course hit by lightning, leaves its mark
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Petitioners working to get signatures to prevent permitless carry bill
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.