TULSA, Okla. - A man is dead after a shooting at an east Tulsa home Sunday night.
Tulsa police responded to a call about a shooting around 9:30 p.m. at a home near 31st and Memorial.
The homeowner at the scene told police a man was aggressively knocking on his front door around 9 p.m.
Police say the homeowner was not expecting company, so he grabbed his handgun when he answered the door to see the man -- 19-year-old Troy Giles -- standing outside holding a gun.
The homeowner fired twice -- hitting Giles once.
Police say they do not believe Giles ever fired a shot.
Officers arrived to the scene and tried to save him in the front yard before paramedics arrived to take him to the hospital. He later died at the hospital.
Police interviewed the homeowner and released him pending further investigation.
This is a developing story. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
- Emmy Awards 2019: Winners list
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- ‘Terrible accident': Boy, 3, found dead in hot car in Texas, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Bikers line up at girl's lemonade stand whose mother helped them after crash
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.