Tulsa, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa police respondied to a fatal accident involving a pedestrian near 31st and Mingo on Friday night.
- East and west bound lanes of 31st Street closed were closed for a time where the accident happened at 10200 E. 31st Street.
- Police say the suspected driver did not stay on the scene but later called police to report the accident.
- Police say the driver reported that she struck the man as he was crossing northbound to southbound not at a marked crosswalk.
- Police say that the 55-year-old man was wearing all black clothing and there is not much light in the area.
- TPD says the driver did not appear to break any traffic laws, however, was arrested and booked on leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
© 2019 Cox Media Group