TULSA, Okla. - Police are investigating after a robbery and shooting at a south Tulsa apartment complex Thursday night.
Tulsa police say the initial robbery happened October 10 around 11 p.m. in the parking lot of the complex near 101st and Sheridan.
Police say the suspected robbers hit a man in his head with a gun and forced him up to his apartment to get more money. The victim could not find his keys and the two suspects instead went into a party next door.
One person inside tried to stop them and was shot.
The shooting victim was taken to the hospital and later died. Police later identified the victim as 22-year-old Benjamin Montgomery.
The person hit in the head was treated at the hospital.
Investigators are still working to solve this case and say they believe two-to-three suspects could be involved. Anyone with information is asked to contact CrimeStoppers at (918) 596-COPS.
- Carrie Underwood presents Pittsburgh-area high school athletes with $100K donation
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Alabama mom arrested after 2 sons, ages 9 and 3, found dead, deputies say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Drummer for country musician Kane Brown killed in crash
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.