TULSA, Okla. - January 29, 2019 UPDATE: The trial for John Chatman began January 28. Chatman is facing federal charges for felony possession of a gun, attempting to kill a witness, and firing a gun during a crime of violence.
Tulsa police say Officer Michael Caweizell from the Organized Gang Unit is one of the officers involved in the officer involved shooting on July 3.
Cawiezell has been with the Tulsa Police Department since October of 2013. He has no reportable complaint history.
Sergeant Michael Parsons is the officer shot in the line of duty during the incident. He is currently assigned to the 2nd Shift Henry Squad Unit of the Riverside Division.
Parsons has been with the Tulsa Police Department since May of 1993. He has no reportable complaint history.
On Wednesday, Tulsa police released video of the officer-involved shooting that happened July 3 near 51st and Harvard.
- The incident happened outside a QuikTrip just north of I-44 on Harvard.
- WATCH the video above.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
- Tulsa police respond four armed robberies at four different apartments
- Hundreds protest at Supreme Court after Trump nominates Kavanaugh
- All 12 boys, soccer coach rescued from Thailand cave
- George Clooney released from the hospital after motorcycle crash in Italy
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.