TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa police are investigating a double homicide at the Whispering Oaks Apartments near 11th Street and Highway 169 in east Tulsa.
- Officers said they found two men dead in a vacant apartment. They have been identified as Tom Lee and Deontrae Mason.
- Police issued a warrant for the arrest of 25-year-old Robert Griffin in connection to the incident. Officials believe Griffin is responsible for setting up the robbery, but didn't pull the trigger. Griffin turned himself in on Wednesday, Dec. 12.
- On Dec. 13, police took Damien Woods into custody for his alleged role in the incident. Police said he was taken to the hospital after turning himself in due to a medical issue.
- Woods is accused of shooting Lee after Lee shot Mason, police said.
Police are investigating a double murder in east Tulsa.
Tulsa police responded to a shots fired call at Whispering Oak apartment complex near 11th Street and Highway 169 Friday afternoon. Officers arrived to find two men dead inside a vacant apartment. They have been identified as Tom Lee and Deontrae Mason.
The K9 unit searched the area and determined drugs were connected to the murder.
On December 10, homicide detectives issued a warrant for 25-year-old Robert Griffin. He turned himself in on December 12. On Dec. 13, police said Damien Woods also turned himself in.
Anyone who has information about the incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (918) 596-COPS.
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host over previous anti-gay tweets
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Ohio father makes daughter walk 5 miles to school to teach lesson about bullying
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly expected to resign
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.