TULSA, Okla. - Update: Ben Converse died in the hospital over night.
- Tulsa police and U.S Marshals responded to shots fired near 65th Street and Mingo Friday evening.
- Police were chasing Ben Converse, who is a person of interest in double homicide case in Kansas.
- Investigators said they had been investigating the case all day, which led them to find two people matching the description of people who were with Converse. They then spotted Converse and he ran.
- While officers were chasing Converse, he shot himself in the head, according to officials.
- The man has been taken to St. Francis hospital.
- Kansas officers are coming to interview the two people who where with Converse. The people are just being held in Tulsa. It is not a Tulsa case.
- This story will be updated as we learn details.
- Michelle Obama unseats Hillary Clinton as most admired woman in America, poll shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Slithering surprise: Texas man 'freaked out' to find dozens of rattlesnakes underneath shed
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your newsfeed
- 40-year-old Doritos bag found during nature trail cleanup
- Celebratory gunfire illegal, dangerous, police warn ahead of New Year's Eve
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.