TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa Police Department investigated a Facebook post being shared Thursday about a hostage.
They determined it is not a legitimate incident and officers are questioning a man they believe is responsible for the post.
The man -- Darrius Roberts -- is in custody on complaints of obstruction and filing a false report.
Officers gave FOX23 Robert's mugshot from 2018 when they arrested him for obstruction of justice, the same charge he is facing now.
Police asked the public not to share the post as they investigate its legitimacy and where the pictures are coming from and later updated that post to say it was not a real incident.
"If you have actual first hand knowledge about any of the people involved or any information outside of the original post that can be helpful, please call 911 if you are in Tulsa, or call 918-596-9222 if you live elsewhere." - Tulsa Police/Facebook
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Coca-Cola widened its lead versus Pepsi in cola wars last year, report says
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Yorkie owner shoots, kills pit bull after it mauls his dog to death
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.