TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police say someone found an eight-month-old boy face down in mop water.
- An investigation is underway.
- Doctors said the baby was brain-dead and in extremely critical condition.
- FOX23 confirmed Tuesday morning the baby died
Tulsa police say an eight-month-old baby boy is at the hospital fighting for his life after someone found him face down in a bucket of dirty mop water Monday morning.
Doctors told police that the baby is brain-dead and in extremely critical condition.
Police say the call came in from the Sandy Park Apartments near South 65th West Avenue and Charles Page Boulevard around 9 a.m. Monday
The baby wasn’t breathing and didn’t have a pulse when paramedics arrived, but police say they were able to get a pulse back on the way to the hospital.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Anonymous family gives Tulsa custodian truck to keep him working at local school
- Tulsa infant found face down in dirty mop water dies
- Man accused of decapitating mother, carrying head in hand
- Man accused of raping girl, 13, in church during funeral
- Parents pull son from burning east Tulsa mobile home
Detectives say the mother told them that she gave the baby a bottle and then put him next to her in her bed and she fell asleep.
She says that when she woke up, the baby was in the water.
Police say the circumstances around the accident seem suspicious.
The woman claimed to be the only adult home at the time of the incident.
She said there were, however, three other children in the front room, a pair of two-year-old twins and a four-year-old.
All four of the kids are now in DHS custody while police investigate.
Police say the mother admitted to using drugs 48 hours before the incident, and the child tested positive for marijuana when he was born.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.