TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- The Tulsa Police Department is expanding a reading program with local kids.
- Officers will meet regularly with kids in the neighborhoods they patrol to read stories and help with homework.
- FOX23 went along with Officer Tiffany Sappington, who reads to kids near 51st Street and Yale Avenue every Thursday afternoon.
- Sappington says it helps form relationships with kids while they're young, and build trust that lasts into adulthood.
- TPD hopes to have officers with regular reading days in ten different areas soon.
- 16 states have passed laws that can change the way we pick a president
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- God got a hole in one: Golf course hit by lightning, leaves its mark
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Petitioners working to get signatures to prevent permitless carry bill
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.