TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police believe freezing temperatures may have contributed to a homeless man's death.
- An official cause of death will be named by the medical examiner upon investigation.
- Every homeless shelter in Tulsa was over capacity Monday night due to the cold weather. The John 3:16 Mission lets in anyone who needs shelter and had 175 more people than they could comfortably hold. Many people slept on mats in the lobby and cafeteria.
- Organizers there are ordering more mats and blankets for Tuesday night.
- The mission is working with police to have officers encourage homeless people to come to John 3:16 for shelter from the cold.
© 2019 Cox Media Group