TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa police arrested a woman Wednesday accused of child abuse murder after her 1-year-old daughter died.
Court records show Tiffani Paul called 911 on February 18 saying her daughter was in cardiac arrest. Doctors found the 1-year-old girl had a skull fracture and brain bleed.
The girl died Tuesday night.
Investigators arrested Paul Wednesday night and say she changed her story about what happened several times. They say she told them her daughter fell in a bathtub, hit her head on a toy, and fell down the steps. Investigators say eventually Paul admitted to throwing the girl against a wall.
Paul has twins, but she told investigators her son is well-behaved and her daughter was not. She said she was tired and did not know why she hurt the girl.
Paul is charged with child abuse murder and child neglect. Her bond is set at $500,000.
Below is a map of reported homicides in Tulsa in 2019:
- FDA chief: Feds might step in if states don't strengthen vaccine laws
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett turns self in on felony disorderly conduct charge
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tulsa police arrest mother accused of child abuse murder
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.