TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa police arrested a man accused of shooting and killing a woman on Saturday.
When officers were called to the scene near 71st and Yale, they were told by Jermico Willis that his girlfriend, Iesha Wallace, shot herself. First responders found her dead inside the apartment.
Officials said the scene in the apartment conflicted with Willis' claim and too many inconsistencies were presented to investigators. Police said they recovered a handgun from the apartment and arrested Willis for being a felon in possession of a firearm. He had been released from federal custody in February 2017, according to police.
Investigators now consider Willis a suspect in the shooting based on new evidence from the medical examiner's autopsy report. Tulsa police said they filed paperwork to upgrade Willis' charge to First Degree Murder.
- How would teacher walkouts impact school calendars?
- Police K-9 bites girl, 4, while chasing suspect
- Man in car dies after being hit by 35-pound boulder thrown from highway overpass
- Video shows family getting kicked off Southwest flight
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
Cox Media Group