TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa-born actress Alfre Woodard will join the cast of "Empire" to play the mother of Taraji P. Henson's character, Cookie Lyon.
Woodard is a four-time Emmy winner and one-time Oscar nominee who is also set to play Sarabi in Disney's live action adaption of "The Lion King" next year.
"Empire" airs Wednesday on FOX23 and will return with new episodes on March 28.
- Texas school marshals allowed to carry guns on campus
- Kentucky second-grader with Down syndrome qualifies for regional spelling bee
- Suspect knocks out partner in crime during attempted break-in
- Ultra-processed foods like chicken nuggets could cause cancer, researchers say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2018 Cox Media Group.